7th August Logo
IAC3 sam_logo2

The Club was founded in 1951 as a Cine Club. In the fifties there was a membership of over two hundred and a waiting list! Quite a number of members came from Dumfries, Annan and Gretna, this may have influenced the decision to join ‘Scottish Amateur Moviemakers' rather than either the North West or North East regions. In fact the Edinburgh Cine & Video Society played a major part in the early development of the club by providing speakers and advice.